Cookout season is finally here! Getting together with good friends and good food you… can never go wrong. The BFF, Cylen, is in town this weekend so in honor of her visit, I made a recipe she shared with me years ago. This super easy and super flavorful Shoepeg Corn and Jalapeno Dip is always a hit and perfect for your summer cookouts. It takes only a few minutes to throw together, then let it chill for an hour or so, so the flavors can fully mingle. Serve with Frito’s Corn Chips and you’ve got yourself a winner!
I had never heard of shoepeg corn until I tried this recipe. For those of you like me that have no idea what this is, shoepeg corn is basically a sweeter, lighter variety of corn. The sweetness of it pairs perfectly with the jalapenos. You could substitute this with regular canned corn if you can’t find shoepeg, but it’ll be much better if you can find shoepeg!
Lastly, shoutout to Cylen for being my hand model! That awesome hot pink nail polish had to make it onto the blog!
- 2 cans shoepeg corn, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, green parts only chopped
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Frito's Corn Chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream and mayonnaise till combined.
- Add in the corn, green onions, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour, or even better, overnight.
- Serve with Frito's and enjoy!