Do you ever just stop and think, there’s too much “fuss” going around? That’s the theme of today’s post. So if you need a little less “fuss” in your life, what better place to start than with dinner?!
I love these little crash potatoes because they are SO flexible! You basically boil them, give ’em a good smash, sprinkle with whatever toppings/seasonings you want, then bake them. That’s it! I swear the possibilities are endless with these.
For this version, I kept it simple and healthy with olive oil and Cajun seasonings. You could certainly use butter, different spice combinations, fresh herbs, pesto, add some cheese, or even get crazy with full on baked potato toppings! The sky’s the limit!
- 12 small new potatoes
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place new potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil.
- Using a potato masher, press down on each potato so it flattens a bit and breaks open. Don't worry if they fall apart. They'll stick together when they bake.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on each potato then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. More or less depending on how spicy you like things.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until potatoes are golden on top and slightly crispy.