Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large, skinny french baguette
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella log
- 6 campari tomatoes on the vine
- fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 350. Slice the baguette into ⅓ inch pieces with a serrated knife. Brush olive oil on one side of each piece of bread. Arrange on a cookie sheet and sprinkle a light amount of garlic salt on each piece.
- While the oven preheats, slice the tomatoes into four slices each. Slice the mozzarella into small pieces, as close to the size of your bread pieces as possible. I like to buy the pre-sliced mozzarella log. Makes my life just that much easier.
- Place your bread into the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until slightly golden on top. Remove from oven and layer as follows: toast, mozzarella, basil leaf, tomato. Place onto serving tray. Once all crostinis are assembled and on the serving tray, drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve while still warm.